- 2 tbs peanut or sunflower oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 3 tsp grated fresh ginger
- 2 kaffir lime leaves, finely shredded
- ¼ cup red curry paste
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 250g button mushrooms, halved
- 2 truss tomatoes cut into wedges
- 400g can brown lentils, rinsed and drained
- 400ml can coconut milk
- 800gr butternut pumpkin peeled and cut into 2cm pieces
- 150g baby spinach leaves
- Steamed rice, coriander leaves and thinly sliced red chilli to serve
Heat oil in a large pan over medium heat. Add onion and cook for 3-4 minutes, until softened.
Add the garlic, ginger, kaffir lime leaves, curry and tomato pastes, and cook for 1-2 minutes until fragrant.
Add mushrooms and tomato wedges, cook, stirring for 2-3 minutes, then add the lentils and coconut milk. Rinse out coconut milk can with ½ cup of water and add to pan.
Increase heat to medium-high and bring to a simmer. Season and cook for 5-6 minutes until the flavours have infused. Add the pumpkin and cook for 10 minutes until just tender. Stir through the spinach through the hot curry.
Serve curry with steamed rice and sprinkled with coriander and chilli.