- 750mL cask red wine
- 1 pear (washed, seeded and sliced)
- 4 oranges (washed and sliced thinly)
- 1 apple (washed, seeded and sliced)
- 1 cup pomegranate arils
- 1/4 cup raw cane sugar
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 3 cups pomegranate juice or elderflower cordial (do not use both)
- 1 cup orange juice; ideally freshly squeezed
- Ginger ale or soda water for serving
- Ice cubes
Stir well, cover and refrigerate overnight or for at least 6 hours.
To serve, remove cinnamon stick and pour over ice into glasses.
Top with ginger ale or soda water to taste.
Garnish with more pomegranate arils if desired.